What to say on a sympathy card
The Objectives of Sympathy Cards
The main aims of our sympathy cards are to pacify the sorrowfulness and anguish of the bereaved family. Therefore; the following objectives must be addressed in our sympathies cards:
- The card must be reducing the pain of the suffering
- It must be encouraging the people who have lost their father or mother
- It can be said that God must be expressing some compassion for the bereaved despite losing the beloved
- The card must be encouraging them to live in again
- It should be expressing the fellow feeling so that they feel the support
- It should remove the loneliness.
- The card must be expressing some assurance for the bereaved
- It ends up with the intention of living together
- Above all, it has to express our condolences to the bereaved
For Whom is the Sympathy Message?
Most importantly we first have to decide on the intended receivers/readers of our cordial words of condolences. Like all letter correspondences, the addressee would be dominating the wording and scope of our sympathy cards. In most cases, we offer sympathy card to our friends, colleagues, boss, and other relatives. In accordance with the relationship with our addresses, we can focus on the contents of the messages. Basically, we can include some shareable memories of the deceased person and the lesson we have learned from the expired person worth mentioning.
The Contents of a sympathy card
In order to offer an appealing sympathy card, the following points deserve special considerations.
- The card should be expressing the relationship we have with this dead person
- The card can include a short story of the expiring person
- It should express the feeling on hearing the news of death
- The sympathy card needs to express our gratitude to the expired person
- The card can include some hearty condolences quotations for loss
- The card can include some sympathy images
- The message should be expressing the growing relationship with the bereaved family
- The card can make references to any gift item.
- The card can have a promise to the bereaved family members
What must be avoided in a sympathy card?
To write a good sympathy card, it should be devoid of the following points:
- Any form of expressing of past bad experiences
- All types of jargon
- All types of hash words or phrases
- anything that might divert to the realities of life
- Any rude images
What Expressions Should be included?
Here are some golden English expressions (collected from short but profound condolences poems) that must be included in your sympathy card message:
- The armory of thoughts
- The future of the nation
- The immortal memory
- The sweet memories
- The teacher of teachers
- The Atlantic of bravery
- The Everest of optimism
The light in the Darkness
- The smiling face of the newborn
- The opening of New Vision
- The architect of the nation
- The voice of the people
- The serenity of nature
- The dream of the youths
What are different parts of a sympathy card?
Almost all messages must possess the following elements:
- The salutation of messages: This is the opening of the sympathy card, and based on the level of relationship we currently have the bereaved friends and relatives.
- The content of the messages: These parts includes condolences messages, quotes, and poems.
- The signature of the message: Mentioning an appropriate signature is equally important. Read more on Signing a sympathy card)
Using Positive Words in Sympathy Cards
In most case, we need to use as many as positive words. Here are some common examples of positive words:
10 appealing messages to write in a sympathy card
- I am sorry for your loss of the son. May our Lord keep his tender souls in the apex of the paradise.
- Please accept my deepest condolences on your loss of the mother who was the inspiration for us. Her memory will remain ever fresh in our mind.
- Hope my words will find you in curing state of the pain you have on the loss of your son. May our Lord allow the departed souls reside in the paradise.
- How blue my heart is to know about your loss of the mother. Your mother was a lighthouse for all of us. We will miss her immensely.
- My words are insufficient for your ache I know. May our Creator relieve your anguish with his graceful help.
- On hearing your loss my heart is in deep sorrow and the ache is increasing inside the heart. I cannot just imagine how are you passing your days. May our Lord allow you to revert to the normal living with his mercy.
It is a good idea to write the message with your hand or at least what you should do is to sign the condolences message by hand. This way you can personalize the messages, which is most heart rendering to the bereaved family.